We welcome community composting at Liquorice Park but only on a small scale. The composting bins are located near the entrance of Yarborough Road. Please see map below for exact location. The majority of our neighbours visit us with a carrier bag full of accumulated organic waste from their kitchens. The composting stalls are of limited size and we cannot cope with large quantities.
Please only bring what you can carry by hand.
Items we welcome:
- Vegetable peelings
- Fruit and vegetables (chopped up please)
Items we do not want:
- Animal products including meat, bones, fat and dairy.
- Manure from carnivorous creatures including dog, cat or human.
- Glossy magazines, shredded paper, newspapers, cardboard, tea bags or coffee grinds. These are much better put into your appropriate recycle bin at home.
- Please don’t leave plastic carrier bags or plastics of any kind.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Trustees 31 October 2021
Compost Area is at location 16 in Liquorice Park